This meditation will remind you of the great privilege that walking this path beside a child really is and that it is a reciprocal journey of learning together. This meditation will touch your heart an inspire you to be your personal best parent.
- How your child's brain works - the thinking brain, emotional brain and autonomic brain
- How you can support your growing child’s brain development
- How to calm your child when he or she is upset
- How to manage your emotions as a parent when your kids trigger frustration, anger or even rage and why that is SO IMPORTANT
Listen to the Interview here
Parents love their children and so when they see their kids struggle it's natural to want to jump in and help. BUT, this is not always helpful as it teaches them to rely on others to "save them".
Of course if your child is in physical danger - you move them out of the road first and then have the conversation - but this same rule doesn't always apply in other situations.
Helping our kids work through problems, rather than solving them for our kids means they are learning how to navigate life safely and successfully.
Join Inspirational speaker Dr Robyn Mills and Parenting expert Dr Rosina McAlpine, www.DrRosina.com Life skills in 15 mins at a time
Help kids of all ages learn to be more proactive and think about the consequences of their actions - from toddler to teen!
Its not uncommon to hear parents, particularly mothers, say "I put my children first and my needs last". BUT, is good parenting really about being selfless?
In this show you'll learn about the many benefits to you, your family and your children of being "self full" rather than "self less"
1. A happy mother and father is the foundation for a happy family
2. Being a good role model for your children by living your life to the fullest
3. Making a positive difference in the world by sharing your talents
4. Being happy and fulfilled generating joy to share around
5. Being healthy, energetic and positive
Taking care of yourself supports a fulfilling lives for everyone in the family ... Join us for another a great show
Dr Rosina McAlpine parenting expert: life skills for kids in 15 minutes at a time www.DrRosina.com